Thursday, January 2, 2014

Salvation


This room in our gallery contains artwork depicting salvation.  Please check back from time to time, as we continue to add new artwork to this room, as well as other rooms in our galleries. You may click on the thumbnail images below to enlarge them.

"Victory over Sin"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. "(Col 2:13-15)

 

"The Gift of God"
-- C.V., girl, age 15
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom 6:23)
 

"Called out of Darkness"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;" (1Pe 2:9)

 
 
"Jesus Crying over Earth"
-- C.V., girl, age 15
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other." (Isa 45:22)


"You don't know what will happen tomorrow. What is life? You are a mist that is seen
for a moment and then disappears." (Jam 4:14)


 "The Rescue"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"O LORD, You have brought up my soul from Sheol; You have kept me alive, that I would not go down to the pit." (Psa 30:3)

 "For the choir director. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the LORD." (Psa 40:1-3)


 "Sorrow for the Perishing"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2Pe 3:9)

""So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish." (Mat 18:14)


 "At the Cross"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  (1Co 1:18)

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."  (Gal 2:20)

"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."  (Gal 6:14)


 "Smoldering Wick"
-- C.V., girl, age 16

""A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice." (Isa 42:3)


The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2Pe 3:9)


Related blogs: Please see these related blogs and poems:
Who intercedes for us?
Where will you go when you die?
Few will be saved
By Grace Alone
Did Jesus Nail the Law to the Cross?
Being a Light in a Dark World  
Entering the Kingdom of God
Do You Want to Know Jesus?
Give Your Life to Jesus (poem)
Reward of the Overcomer (poem)
Saved Through Sacrifice (poem)
Pearl in the Sand (poem)
The Spirit is willing (poem)

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB.

Author's note:  You can find more art in this blog's directories for the Young Ladies of God Gallery and the Children of God Gallery.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, Verses to the King, where you will also find beautiful poetry they have written for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment