Thursday, January 9, 2014

Book of Psalms

This room in our gallery contains artwork depicting verses taken from the book of Psalms.  Please check back from time to time, as we continue to add new artwork to this room, as well as other rooms in our galleries. You may click on the thumbnail images below to enlarge them.
 

"My Help"
-- C.V., girl, age 15
"A song for going up to worship. I look up toward the mountains. Where can I find help? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth." (Psa 121:1-2)

"The Prosperous Tree"
-- C.V. girl, age 15
"He is like a tree planted beside streams- a tree that produces fruit in season and whose leaves do not wither. He succeeds in everything he does." (Psa 1:3)


"The Lamp and the Light" 
-- C.V. girl, age 15
"Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path." (Psa 119:105)


"Ocean Sunrise"
-- C.V. girl, age 15
"Entrust your ways to the LORD. Trust him, and he will act on your behalf. He will make your righteousness shine like a light, your just cause like the noonday sun." (Psa 37:5-6)


"My Soul Waits"
-- C.V., girl, age 15
"My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning." (Psa 130:6)



"Sunshine River"
-- C.V., girl, age 15

"A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake." (Psa 23:1-3)


 "The Lord is My Shepherd"
-- C.V. girl, age 16

"A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake." (Psa 23:1-3)



 "Cedar of Lebanon"
-- C.V., girl, age 16

"The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; Yes, the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon." (Psa 29:5)


 "Be Exalted, O God"
-- C.V., girl, age 16

"I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the peoples, And I will sing praises to You among the nations. For Your lovingkindness is great above the heavens, And Your truth reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, And Your glory above all the earth." (Psa 108:3-5)



"Strength in Weakness"
-- C.V., girl, age 16

"The LORD sustains all who fall And raises up all who are bowed down." (Psa 145:14)


 "View over Crystal Lake"
-- C.V., girl, age 17

"A Song of Ascents. I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." (Psa 121:1-2)


"A Walk through the Flowers"
-- C.V., girl, age 17

"You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever." (Psa 16:11)


"River of Delights"
-- C.V. girl, age 17

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings. They drink their fill of the abundance of Your house; And You give them to drink of the river of Your delights." (Psa 36:7-8)


"Still Waters"
-- C.V., girl, age 17


"For the choir director. A Maskil of the sons of Korah. As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?" (Psa 42:1-2)
 


Related blogs: Please see these related blogs and poems:
Should you fear the Lord?
Success in God's Eyes
Righteous Deeds and White Robes
God Will Help Us (poem)
Safe (poem)

Attribution notice: Most Scripture quotations taken from the NASB

Author's note:  You can find more art in this blog's directories for the Young Ladies of God Gallery and the Children of God Gallery.  I also recommend visiting my children's blog, Verses to the King, where you will also find beautiful poetry they have written for the glory of God. You can access my complete blog directory at "Writing for the Master."

Do You Want to Know Him?
If you want to know Jesus personally, you can. It all begins when you repent and believe in Jesus.  Do you know what God's Word, the Bible says?

“Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.’” (Mar 1:14b-15).  He preached that we must repent and believe.

Please see my explanation of this in my post called "Do You Want to Know Jesus?"
_________________________________________________

Len Lacroix is the founder of Doulos Missions International.  He was based in Eastern Europe for four years, making disciples, as well as helping leaders to be more effective at making disciples who multiply, developing leaders who multiply, with the ultimate goal of planting churches that multiply. His ministry is now based in the United States with the same goal of helping fulfill the Great Commission. www.dmiworld.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment